I am Sorry I Couldn't Love You

I am sorry, I couldn't love you.
I tried.
I tried really hard.
But I couldn't.
Maybe because I am not destined to fall in love with you.
Or maybe because of fear, because of stereotypes.
Even after knowing that you are the best and that nobody can ever love me the way you do.
I couldn't.
I gave it multiple tries.
Still I couldn't fall for you.
For a while, I thought to fake it for the sake of your love.
But that would have been absolutely unfair to you.
Because you deserve so much more.
You deserve the love that would make you want to write letters to the universe.
You deserve the love just like you.
You know, you can do nothing when destiny plays its card.
And it is my bad fortune, that I couldn't fall for you. 
All I have for you is the respect and gratitude that will forever remain the same.
And I can be happy at some corner of the world, knowing that someone like you loves me to the moon and back.

-A Lucent Photon 
Suraj Raj Keshari

Picture Source: Pinterest



Comments

Popular Posts