Friday Nights


Not all Friday nights are accompanied by loud music and rocking dances.

Some are silenced by unheard screams and unspoken words.

And some are oppressed by broken heart and unstoppably flowing tears.

Last Friday night was one of such. 

I cried for hours.

Some thoughts, some wishes and some feelings - I cannot voice.

That is why they try to scream through my tears.

And they make me weak.

Not all men are emotionally strong. And it's okay, I guess.

Nobody knows this though.

All they know is the happy, strong, mature and smiling me.

But that's not me.

I am weak, very weak infact.

Keep it secret, please.

I hide my pain behind the mask of the smile that I wear everyday - hoping that someone may put it out some day and tell me, "hey, it's okay to cry and scream out loud".

Sometimes I do wish to say, "Hey, can you hug me, please?".

"I want to cry today."

"I want to scream my pain out."

"And while I do so, hold me please."

"For I don't want to break down."

With the mask on, I have miles to go.


Suraj Raj Keshari

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts