Atheist

What would happen if I don't follow any religion?
Would they burn my body after my decease?
Or would they bury it deep down the earth?
Would they place it in a grave or tomb?

I don't know my whereabouts,
my parents and my belongings.

Years ago somebody picked me up from trash, and left me at the door of a temple.

They said I am a son of the god; we all are
Yet, they never let me in,
rather threw me out in the trash again.

My good luck: again somebody picked me up and this time,
he left me at the door of a mosque
where they didn't let me in either
and sent me back to where I had come from.

To my surprise, exactly the same happened
when I was left at the door of a church.

My naked body,
sometimes got burnt by heat of the sun, sometimes got wet in the rain
and shivered of the cold sometimes and
my empty stomach cried of hunger.

I, being homeless and clothless,
got to know the heart wrenching irony of this world
when I beheld people offering pieces of clothes to the god (in the mosque), who they said is everyone's father,
who already had bulk of clothes, and yet leaving his son, me, all naked.

I beheld people offering sweets and foods to the father (in the temple),
the god who is full of appetite and who never asked for it,
and yet not giving a single piece to me who had not eaten anything for many days.

Thus, followers of all the religions ignored my existence.

I wonder if the people who follow religions are like them:
who have a lot more difference in their words and actions and
who don't follow teachings and preachings of their own almighty, 
I wound better be an atheist.

An atheist whose religion would be humanity, only humanity,
world would be whose home and
whose prayers would be love and compassion

But I wonder yet again
What would happen if I don't follow any religion: any of the religions that this world believes in?
Would they burn my body after my decease?
Or would they bury it deep down the earth?
Would they place it in a grave or tomb?




Many thanks for reading!
With much love and respect,

Suraj Raj Keshari

Comments

  1. Too much Inspiring lines ..Dai...
    πŸ€—❤❤❤❤❤πŸ‘‰✍πŸ‘πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeso khatarnaak nai lekhne garyaa xau . no doubt .. Great piece n gud way of leaving questions to allπŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts